Chimera Dongle (Authenticator) is a security smart card and a smart-card reader, that allows ChimeraTool software to authenticate the user to the server without the need to type a password.
With your purchase of Chimera Dongle (Authenticator), you will also receive a Chimera Tool All Modules 12 Months License Activation.
Chimera Tool All Modules License Activation is meant for servicing BlackBerry, Samsung Galaxy, LG, HTC, Huawei and Nokia phones *.
All licenses are activated with Chimera Tool server credits. It’s necessary to register at chimeratool.com and provide us with your Username while placing an order. We’ll add credits to your account after the order is complete.
Why use Chimera Authenticator?
It has two useful functions:
- Log in without username and password
If the authenticator is registered and connected, the ChimeraTool software will allow you to log in using the authenticator instead of typing-in the username and password. This protects you from key-loggers and you don’t have to store or remember your password for ChimeraTool usage.
- Carry your license with you!
Until now, your licenses were attached to your PC. You could use the ChimeraTool software on that PC only.
Now, you can attach licenses to your PC or a Chimera Authenticator. You can use a license attached to your authenticator on any PC as long as you log in with the authenticator, not your username/password.
How to use the Authenticator?
Register the authenticator on the first use:
- When you get your authenticator, connect it to the PC, and start ChimeraTool. On the login window, the ‘Login with Authenticator’ should become enabled. Click on it!
- The first time this will display a dialog where you can register the authenticator. Registration is the only time your username/password will be required while using the authenticator, and you only need to register once. Fill your username/password, and press ‘Register Authenticator’
- The registration will take a few seconds. After registration, the dialog will switch back to the usual login screen and log you in with your authenticator
Log in with authenticator:
- Connect the authenticator to the PC. On the login dialog, the ‘Login with Authenticator’ should become enabled. Click it to log in with the authenticator
- After the successful login, you can verify that you are logged in with the authenticator by looking at the icon and text on the bottom left of the program. When you are logged in with authenticator you can see a card icon, and the authenticator card ID is displayed next to your username
Chimera Dongle – Package Content:
- Chimera Dongle (Authenticator) – 1 pc.
- Smart-Card – 1 pc.
- Chimera Tool All Modules 12 Months License Activation
Due to the onrush of technology and efforts to meet every customer’s demands, the supplier retains the right to change some positions in the list of cables and accessories coming together with the product. Therefore, the package content presented above is rather tentative. More details on the matter can be obtained from our sales managers.
* Developer provides support only for those phones which are on the list of supported. Not all servicing features can be applied to some supported models, due to difference of hardware / software versions. Complete list of supported models you can find on the official product page, or on the GSM forum.